What's on your mind today?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
KAGU143
Administrator

What's on your mind today?

Postby KAGU143 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:28 pm

I am wishing that it would stop raining because my freakin' grass is already too tall to mow and I can't afford to rent a hay baler. Not only that, but I have to do some minor carpentry and I need to be able to do it outside. (Sawdust + carpet = epic fail.)
Enough with the rain, already! Geeze ...
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Dargon
Mega Member

Re: What's on your mind today?

Postby Dargon » Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 am

So much things need be done, so little time. Also I need to wake up in two hours.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 am

Two hours?!?!
*belatedly tucks Dargon into bed*

I hope that worked out okay.
Yargh ... I likes me sleep, I really do. I am one cranky-assed bird if I don't get enough, which, now that I think of it, is most of the time.
Hmm ... that explains a lot.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Mon May 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Back from one bout of "too much to do and too little time" and onto another. Fortunately things will settle down just a little next Monday.

Puppy

Postby Puppy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 am

I have too much on my mind and it's getting hard to concentrate on anything. Except procrastination, that I can manage any time.
It takes a fool to remain sane.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:41 am

Well ... you know that there is an official procrastinator's club, right?

I keep meaning to join it ....

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

Ok, now that A-kon is over things are about as calm as they are going to get for the next 18 days. Time to start packing and getting rid of stuff I don't need.

KAW143
Administrator

Postby KAW143 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

The PS3 completes my world.

(Please don't tell my wii. I don't mean to cheat on it, but how can something that feels so right be wrong? *shamelessly interfaces with another console*)

Noskcaj.Llahsram

Postby Noskcaj.Llahsram » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Dr. who on ps3, 5 seasons in five days [+ specials]
What is love? Well, you know that feeling you get when you've been locked in a tiny dark space alone for a year? It's kind of the opposite of that.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Lately I have been thinking that the asexuality movement has moved on and left me and my peers behind as a forgotten footnote.
Nobody likes to talk about it, but there has been a very strong feeling of ageism present in the last few interview requests that have come from various media contacts.
I am trying to decide how that makes me feel ... I mean, I know it isn't good, but I'm trying to put it into some sort of context on a scale of 1 - 10.

The message I have been getting lately is that asexuals over a certain age aren't worth mentioning, since old people tend to lose interest in sex anyway. The few who were never interested in it at all blend into the crowd at a certain point, and become invisible.
That means that our experiences from a lifetime of being asexual in a sexual world aren't real or valid anymore, I guess.
Blargh.

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

That's crap, but it's how the world turns I'm afraid.

Jicragg
Established Member

Postby Jicragg » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:12 am

That's a point. I've seen a number of requests for asexuals for interviews, etc, all to be in their twenties or something similar. I'd rather hear from the old people.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Drat!
I made a post a few days ago and I killed the entire board! I mean ... I have heard of killing a thread, but this is ridiculous!
That is, unless maybe I have some secret powers that I don't know about?
..... hmmmm. *ponders*

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 pm

Dargon would post more, but he was busy, then he was sick, and he is about to be busy again.

disjointed

Postby disjointed » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:16 am

wondering why no one has yet invented 5 minute drying paint and filler

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:28 am

I use fiberglass filler quite a bit and it is usually dry (or, more accurately, it's hardened) in about 5 minutes or less. I use several other types of filler and they all take longer to harden completely - up to 24 hours or even longer in some cases. Most of the paint that I use is airbrushed lacquer so it is dry almost instantly. My second most commonly used paint is acrylic paint, in several different forms, and it usually dries in a few minutes. That isn't too bad, but household paint is another matter entirely. That stuff can be sloooowww!

Whatcha painting, dis? 'Just curious.

Dargon, sorry to hear that you were sick. :(
What's happening in Huntsville nowadays? I was there many years ago. (I mean many, MANY years ago! 'Spent the night in a men's dorm, in fact!)

Dargon
Mega Member

Postby Dargon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

What's happening in Huntsville? Not a lot. It's still a relatively small town. I've got school going along (and doing well and enjoying my major, which is kind of nice) and work going along (which is 55 miles away in Bryan, but also a good time). Aside from that, there ain't a lot going on here or with me. But those two things keep me rather busy.

Jicragg
Established Member

Postby Jicragg » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:14 am

Dargon wrote:Dargon would post more, but he was busy, then he was sick, and he is about to be busy again.

Who are you then? :eh:

I'm wondering... besides watching Question Time... what to do next in my life? Leaving university is a must, but trying to find a job... that's a toughie.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:18 am

I haven't visited this thread in a while, but I thought I would pop in and mention that Kæth and I went to see Paul Simon last Friday. As usual, I got lost in Seattle, but I knew it would happen and I allowed enough time to get myself sorted out. I CAN learn from my mistakes!

The show was .... uneven. Granted, it was his first concert in several years and there might have been some issues with the monitors or somethiing, but there was quite a bit of painfully off-key singing. I love Paul Simon, always will, but I think that his age might finally be catching up with him.
The band was (in my opinion) pretty darned amazing, but Kæth didn't think so. However, he was fighting a migraine thanks to the stage lights being directed into the audience and blinding him. We had some very shrill whistlers and screamers right next to us, too, and that didn't help matters.
Even so, I'm glad that I went.
'Been there, done that, got the shirt .. and a lithographed poster, too!

FalconEagle
Established Member

Postby FalconEagle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 pm

I hereby revive this post, because I have things on my mind.....

....nope, I just went and forgot those things.