Who are you?

The place for off-topic threads, games and socializing. Stop in for a visit!
Fox

Re: Who are you?

Postby Fox » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:24 pm

I'm either Mechfox or Mechafox (I forget which) on AVEN.

Found this place when someone told a friend who told Dargon who told me there was a new asexual forum.

I just graduated, but am unemployed. Thus, I live at my parents with dial-up internet, no money, a cat with three legs, and another that pees on stuff for no good reason.

I collect dead things, but they're currently all residing at a friend's place, as my 6x7 bull elk skull takes up a rather extreme amount of room, never mind the others. Hence why the elk skulls are all named after living room furniture.

I'm skullfaced on LJ and LibraryThing, in case you wish to find me elsewhere.
"I had an encounter with Death and all I got was this lousy sheep bone."

Vittoria

Postby Vittoria » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Oh cool. You're the one who posted about my essay on your LJ.

Fox

Postby Fox » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Yes I am. :D
"I had an encounter with Death and all I got was this lousy sheep bone."

Vittoria

Postby Vittoria » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:54 pm

That made me happy. :D Like that.

Apophyllite

Postby Apophyllite » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Apophyllite (like you wouldn't have already known :) ), though I haven't posted there for a while...

gasvara

Postby gasvara » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:50 am

I'm new. I'm horribly disoriented, I'm in the middle of a series of emotional catastrophies, so don't expect me and what I say to be stable.

I'm glad to have found this forum. Though I'm not incredibly sure when it comes to what kind of sexuality I'd like to identify with, many of your thoughts and experiences (I feel like having read through at least 60%+ of this forum) match my own - or at least sound similar to what I would like/want/believe or how I would act.

That's it for now. Since it's not easy for me to talk about myself, I'll just have to wait until I find enough courage to write somethnig new ;)
I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair. -- Bette Davis, "Cabin in the Cotton"

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:38 pm

I'm Jordan from AVEN. Ain't that a suprise. 8|

CierraJo

Postby CierraJo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:55 am

I ahve the same name on AVEN as here, although I am new to both communities & haven't posted on AVEN yet. I'm punkyb13 on the Asexuality LJ.

DavidG

Postby DavidG » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm DavidG over on AVEN (could've come up with a different name, but it's more convenient to stick with this one). Thought it'd be interesting to see what's going on over here.
25.8069758 is the root of all evil!

SillyBunny

Hello I'm New

Postby SillyBunny » Sun May 04, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm a new member. So will say hi

Nathan

Postby Nathan » Mon May 05, 2008 1:45 pm

I first googled asexuality back when the New Scientist article had just come out, and found AVEN from there. I was an avid reader of the forums, if an infrequent poster. Asexuality really fit with me and explained things about me in a way that made a lot of sense. Still, I have never identified as asexual. How could I know if I was asexual if I had no idea how sexual people think? What's more, much of AVEN seemed to focus on acts. That's fine and dandy, but liking particular acts or not wasn't (for me) a reason to identify as some label. And if asexuality was centered around acts, the orientation certainly wasn't something to be put in the group with homo/hetero/bisexuality. I still think that's the case.

Besides, I know I do want to be cuddly with people I like, and I assume that would lead to more sexual things, and that I would enjoy them. (My body seems to be all for it...) Perhaps the only reason I don't think like a sexual person now, and don't explicitly desire sexual things now, is that I have no experience of what they are, and of what place sexuality can have in a relationship. I've always felt I could fit perfectly well into the asexual community. But then, I could also be perfectly sexual. Who knows.

Either way, after thinking about and living with this subject for a few years, I feel like I finally understand the framework of how sexuality works, and of how asexuality works (in terms of the feeling/place of sexuality in a relationship, I mean. The act of sex itself just isn't all that relevant). So I'm very glad to come across this new forum. What makes me happy is how, well, positive it is. This forum has an entirely different tone from AVEN – one of figuring out how to live confidently with ourselves and with people of any sexuality, embracing what does enrich asexual people's lives, rather than one of escaping what might make someone uncomfortable and fixing problems. AVEN is great for basic information, but I look forward to thinking about these topics in a more abstract, in-depth way. I must say though, people here seem a bit bitter about how that other forum has changed, which doesn't seem like the best thing. Also, it's neat to see familiar names from back when I first found AVEN. GB, especially – your posts were always some of the most insightful and useful.
-Nathan

luvinmomofone1

Postby luvinmomofone1 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:23 pm

hi i was looking for this thread, i am new here and my name is luvin i think i am an asexual and i know i am a lesbian..lol i am 42 yr old mom of a son who is soon to be 18. we live a very small town in rural oklahoma..ya know thats most of the state..hehehe. looking forward to learning more about asexuality. you will see me post on the boards from time to time when a thread catches my eye and i just have that overwheming urge to reply lol.

Emmarainbow
Established Member

Re: Hello I'm New

Postby Emmarainbow » Sat May 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi, Sillybunny, nice to have you. :)

Shockwave

Postby Shockwave » Sat May 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi, SillyBunny. I recognize your rabbit picture (and its url) so I remember you from AVEN. You haven't posted there in a long time though.

SillyBunny

Postby SillyBunny » Sun May 11, 2008 7:53 am

Shockwave wrote:Hi, SillyBunny. I recognize your rabbit picture (and its url) so I remember you from AVEN. You haven't posted there in a long time though.

Indeed. Hope you liked the pic. :D

Eliot

Postby Eliot » Wed May 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Dargon wrote:Anyhow, since the very primise of the site will pretty much drive off 85% of the people from AVEN that made visiting a chore, I'm going to give this place a try.

That's why I decided to give it a try over here (not that I'm not a bit of a pill from time to time, but generally that's a quality others tend to bring out in me, so best just to avoid those sorts). Unfortunately as forums grow (and AVEN has much more than doubled since this time two years ago, which is good in itself) they tend to get more stressful and well, juvenile as someone else said. As of recently, the AVEN forums are starting to remind me of why I left the Something Awful forums. The whole site seems on the verge of turning into one big hot box :( so here I am. I like happier better than bigger anyway.

Oh... I'm Eliot at the other forums as well, you know... in case you needed to be certain or something ;)

Sea

Postby Sea » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:08 pm

I'm Seabhac on AVEN, but most people call me Sea instead nowadays.

IAmAFishFlopFlopFlop

Postby IAmAFishFlopFlopFlop » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Noskcaj.Llahsram wrote:
IAmAFishFlopFlopFlop wrote:I am a fish. Flop, flop, flop.

Dude I know (of) you from ye olde i.org, small internet

Any way I'm Noskcaj.Llahsram, everywhere. EVERYWHERE
.... UBIQUITOUS... ubiquitous

Yeah, I remember you.

Heh, I googled 'I am a fish. Flop, flop, flop' and this was the third hit...I'd forgotten all about this place.

positivegirl

Postby positivegirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Hello. I'm new. I know who I am. :?:
Bre

positivegirl

Postby positivegirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Hey quick thought, let's talk about interests. Unless thats already a topic somewhere.........
Sorry I just totally changed the subject
Bre

Davey

Postby Davey » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is David, but during the nine-odd months in which my 15-year-old self wrote prolifically and with fire over at AVEN (circa 2004), I was called Davey by dear friends; since I was and remain a sentimental guy, I've decided to dust off that moniker. Most of you won't remember me, but by virtue of your being here on Apositive, I know we have something in common!

I'd forgotten the circumstances until I went into the AVEN archives tonight, because four years is a long time in the life of a young man, but I left AVEN long ago for many of the same reasons you've created this new forum--dogmatism, pettiness, and especially elitism. I don't know the history of how AVEN became what it is today (still valuable, but.. not the same), and I won't presume to say I told you so! But I still hate haters (well, anyway I'm against 'em!), and I'm thrilled to have finally followed the advice of a few old friends and found hope that the community I loved and mourned has managed to persist and grow. Bravo and thank you!

I'm still not sure how I most identify sexually, but in a way that isn't surprising, since I hate to choose sides politically, aesthetically, emotionally, and in a number of other adverbs. It's certainly changed since AVEN, but it's still different enough that I have a perspective I think I can add here. Mostly I love conversation, and I'm excited to meet all of you--for the first time, or... again!

Davey

Karl
Administrator

Postby Karl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey there Davey. I'm the AVEN member formerly known as Liver and I remember you well. I'm glad to see you here, whatever it is you identify as, and I hope you stick around to engage in some intelligent discussion with us.

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Davey!!!
*glomps*

Of course I remember you! AVEN isn't the same happy little village that it used to be; it's more of a metropolis now, I think, but I still hang out there regularly.
I guess I don't know any better, eh?
Welcome to A+. I don't post very much here but I definitely approve of the sentiments that led to the founding of this site.
Elitists bug the daylights out of me but I'm just hardheaded enough to keep challenging them, so I'm not ready to give up on AVEN just yet.
Well, that, and I met my new husband there!

- The AVENite formerly known as Greybird
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

KAW143
Administrator

Postby KAW143 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:53 pm

Welcome back to virtuality, Davey. It is good to see you again. Nancy and I have often wondered how you have been getting along. It is nice of you to show up and satisfy our curiosity. ;)

At any rate, the name is the same here as it was there, when you were there. So, hi.

I don't show up here super often, but I am around. Just as I am still around on AVEN.

ghosts

Postby ghosts » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:33 am

Hey Davey,

I remember you from AVEN, although you wouldn't remember me. Welcome to the boards! AVEN's certainly changed & grown quite a bit, & people have mixed feelings about it... But some of us still hang around there. Anyway, Apositive has been a bit quiet lately, but I hope you'll stick around!

Shockwave

Postby Shockwave » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:10 am

Wow, another blast from the past. Tressa was sighted here a while back too. Nice to see you again.

I was known as Xenius13 on AVEN. Now I use the same name there as here.

schizoid

Postby schizoid » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:11 am

I'm schizoid... and... yeah... :eh:

disjointed

Postby disjointed » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 am

Erm some may know me some may not :silence:

KAGU143
Administrator

Postby KAGU143 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:13 am

LOL @ disjointed!
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

AkiraLS

Postby AkiraLS » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:11 pm

I am me, and me is me as you aren't me and you all know I am me.
This sig has gone missing, reward if found, if you know its whereabouts please inform the authorities.. or Chuck Norris, he will get the job done.